WHO DOES THE MEPD PROGRAM COVER?
People who are disabled and have earned income can get Medicaid when the person:
- Is under age 65.
- Is still considered to be disabled based on SSI medical criteria for disability.
- Has earned income from employment or self-employment.
- Meets general SSI-related Medicaid eligibility requirements.
- Is not eligible for any other Medicaid coverage group other than QMB, SLMB, or Medically Needy.
- Have resources less than $12,000 for an individual and $13,000 for a couple.
- Has net family income less than 250% of the federal poverty level.
- Pays any premium due for the month of eligibility.
WHAT SERVICES ARE COVERED BY MEPD?
- MEPD members have all Iowa Medicaid benefits.
- Prescription services are included for members who do not have Medicare. For those members enrolled with Medicare as well as MEPD, prescription coverage will go through a Medicare Part D plan.
- MEPD will pay for your Medicare premiums
WHERE CAN I GET MEDICAL CARE?
Members enrolled with MEPD may see any provider who agrees to be paid by Iowa Medicaid.