In every State, U.S. Territory and the Tribal Nations, there is an agency that protects the rights of persons with disabilities. This Protection and Advocacy System administers the SSA-funded PABSS program. Each PABSS agency can:
• Investigate any complaint you have against an employment network or other service provider that is helping you to return to work;
• Give you information and advice about vocational rehabilitation and employment services;
• Tell you about SSA’s work incentives that will help you to return to work;
• Provide consultation and legal representation to protect your rights in the effort to secure or regain employment; and
• Help you with problems concerning your individual work plan under the Ticket to Work program.
These services are free to persons receiving SSDI or SSI benefits based on disability or blindness. If you want to locate the PABSS agency nearest you, please call 1-866-968-7842 (Voice) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY). You can also find contact information in our service provider directory at: www.socialsecurity.gov/work.